Sunday, July 25, 2021

Pimming swools


The logo is nearly there and the sign at the park reads "BE BEAR AWARE." Which is more dangerous? If Coffy is the colour, Toronto is the city, the town, the place where I call home. "HOME!" See? I just called home, to my heart and soul wherever it may be... Inside of me, I think. Perhaps floating around my perimeter or dancing with the cosmos on a good day. Fries. Is the lake swimmable? Can it be swum? If a fish hit you in the eye, would you ask it, "Can you fly?" I guess it's simply time to try. Hurrah! I have no wings, only arms, and currently weak ones at that. I dunno, something to work on. Another reason to dive, but after staring at this photo for a while, I realize that I prefer my chlorine through stone, metal, and glass. Let's say, from a distance, but it's those pH balanced waters that not only taught me to float, but also to dunk more than my perfectly doughy pizza crust into a cold glass of Coke, all just north of here, yes HERE, a block from a shopping mall. There is a Pollywog certificate printed in black ink on red paper to prove it, my early aptitude for floating and dunking in chemically adjusted water that is, from a time in my life which I will always hold dear... PEACE

3 comments: