Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Sasamat

I carefully made my way down the fallen 30 foot log. It was wet, but not as slippery as I had thought. The warm wind was gently blowing and felt good, along w/ the sun, on my pale winter skin. I extended my arms outward for balance, paused for a moment, then continued forward. Finally reaching my destination, I stopped to observe my surroundings and take in a deep breath. Morphing blue/green ripples shimmered at my feet, great expanses of lush trees and snow-capped mountains could be seen in the distance, and the open sky, streaked w/ clouds of varying shapes and sizes, filled the periphery. I decided to tune out the teenagers playing Drake on the gridlocked cement dock across the way. With no disrespect, it was their place to play on this special day. In contrast, the sandy family beach to my right was unusually quiet. Gaining focus, my thoughts became simple, contemplative, and full of appreciation of nature and all of her glory. It was an honour to be back at Sasamat. I drew in another breath, bent my knees, and dove out as far as I could, feeling instantly refreshed as I splashed beneath the lake's surface before coming back up for air, kicking my legs like imaginary flippers. The water was crisp and clean. Another swimming season has begun. PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment