Tuesday, September 23, 2014

40





















If I were receiving an award for turning 40 (*not needed, duh), this would be my acceptance speech:


More than ever before in my life, people, events, and a seemingly endless variety of stimuli come and go at a rapid rate… Maybe it’s just the Internet?


Life is fast and ever so faster so the BIG four “o” is a great time to reflect...


First off, I’d like to thank my mom and dad for bringing me into this crazy world way back in 1974 and to my dear brother for putting up w/ me for all of these years. I LOVE you!!! To all of my relatives, some of who have gotten to know me over the years, I send my warmest regards!!! To the ones that I never got to meet or have moved on to their personal realities, I salute you!


This takes me to my friends, OH what friends. My other family.


At 40, it’s dead easy to take stock of those in your sphere and I am happy to report that there are some fantastic people here (some of the choicest I’ve ever known). While I’d love to name names, I can't. It would be unfair. But there are a few, like my closest blood relations, that have been w/ me for many, many years. For that, I feel truly blessed.  These are the folks with whom our time together has no end. There was only a beginning. We can simply pick it up in any era or place w/o missing a beat. It’s one of the best feelings I’ve experienced.


There are many others who I’ve loved and cared about w/ all of my heart and soul that are no longer around. To you, I bow my head and smile from deep within! I particularly want to thank the mentors who have helped to shape my life. You have shared so much with me and I feel that it is my responsibility to give back to others however I can.


From this vantage point, the future looks pretty well the same to me as the past, a path of learning, sharing, and experience, with all of its ups and downs (hopefully more of the former than the later please). I know my strengths, I know my weaknesses, and I strive for the best regardless of the eventual outcome. I want to intimately share my life with positivity and learn from any mistakes that I make. Unfortunately, my dander allergy—one of my two Achilles heels—prevents more animals from being recognized here. I’m very sorry my furry friends. I still love you! Especially the beach dog I met a few years back up the coast. The second Achilles heel? Well, you'll have to get to know me to find out! ; )


Born in the east and raised in the west, I hope that there is another 40 years ahead...


I aim to stay active and healthy, love passionately, and give back whenever and wherever I can. It’s really all there is to do here.


I believe that the rest will fall into place, as it will. For the best of course!


PEACE,

Kevin James Howes (Aka Sipreano, Kevin “Sipreano” Howes, Sipset Salmon Gang, Salmongang, Triple Double, The Better Enemy (*feel it might be a good time to retire this one), Kareem (OG styles), Heavy Kevy, Kev-e-Kev, and Kev)

2 comments:

  1. Happy 40th. I'm working on something for you that celebrates you. Look for it soon(ish). Sending my/our love today and always. Have a good time tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jennifer!!! i love you and the frost/forward fam w/ all of my heart...

    ReplyDelete